ADSM-L

Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem

1998-04-01 16:10:19
Subject: Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:10:19 -0500
With Version 3, I think a neat little trick can be used
assuming all your files are on sequential volumes.

When restore uses the new "No-Query Restore" protocol,
the volume name about to be mounted is diplayed on the
command-line client along with a menu of options.   Each
time this menu comes up, you see the name of the volume,
and then you could select option 4 "Skill all objects
on this volume."  It will then display all the skipped
filenames.

If you keep skipping, no actual volume mounts will be
issued, and you can collect all the volume names.
If you do have other files in a disk pool, these files
will be restored when you use this trick and also directory
objects too.   But it might be OK for you.  You would
of course need both a V3 server and V3 client.

Just an idea...

Dave Crockett - ADSM development