ADSM-L

Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem

1998-04-13 19:37:11
Subject: Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:37:11 +1000
Hi Rui,

I have seen two problems with SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE previously, which at
least partly tie in with what you are seeing.

First, SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE doesn't seem to include volumes that have
archive data on them. And, if a volume has data on it from more than one
node, it doesn't always show up for each node. For example, if I do a
SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE *, and volume TAPE01 contains data from nodes NODEA and
NODEB, it will only appear against on of the nodes. Sorry, I didn't get
time to work out if there was some pattern to this.

Given that SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE (as is the case with all SHOW commands) is
undocumented and unsupported, I should tend toward using SELECT. At
least then, if it is broken, you can log a call with IBM about it.

Trevor