ADSM-L

Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem

1998-04-13 11:59:38
Subject: Re: Can I preview a restore of a filesystem
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:59:38 GMT
Replying to: Sheelagh Treweek
<sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK> (Thu, 2 Apr 1998
15:44:36
+0100)

>If you are using V3 you can do something like:
>
>select  node_name as "Node",
>        copy_type as "Copy type",
>        filespace_name as "Filespace".
>        stgpool_name as "STG pool",
>        volume_name as "Volume"
>from    volumeusage
>where   node_name='putthenodenamehere'
>and     stgpool_name='putthecopypoolhere'
>and     filespace_name='putthefilespacenamehere'

I've been postponing this issue, but since we're at it:

On the few time I tested SELECT * FROM VOLUMEUSAGE, I got some very
inconsistent results. I just did "SELECT VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE WHERE
NODE_NAME='HOBBES'"

VOLUME_NAME
------------------
ARCH03
ARCH03
ARCH04

Now, this is not even near what it should be. "SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE HOBBES"
looks closer to reality, but not quite right:

SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE started.
  Volume BACK01 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume BACK02 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume BACK03 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume ARCH03 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume BACK06 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume BACK04 in use by node HOBBES.
  Volume BACK05 in use by node HOBBES.
SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE completed.

As we can see, "SELECT ... VOLUMEUSAGE" says that node HOBBES is using
volume ARCH04, while "SH VOLU" shows no such thing. By issuing "QUERY
CONTENT ARCH04 NODE=HOBBES" I can see that node HOBBES is indeed using
ARCH04. Also, Q CONT shows me that every other volume listed is used by node
HOBBES. But it also shows me that volume ARCH01 has files from node HOBBES,
though it does not appear it the output of either command.

What gives?

BTW: ADSM Server (AIX) is 3.1.0.2, Admin client (AIX) is 3.1.0.1

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,