ADSM-L

Oracle EBU Connect Agent

1998-04-01 09:47:05
Subject: Oracle EBU Connect Agent
From: "John M. Shaw" <jshaw AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:47:05 -0600
     I downloaded the Trial Connect Agent for EBU, installed it, but I'm
     having some trouble getting it going.

     When I kick off the job :

     $ebu bkup.job

     These errors show up in the log file :

     Error calling sbtinit for tape management software
     EBU-4100: BACKUP_DIR not set
     EBU-4300: Error occurred while initializing Media Management Layer

     It doesn't appear to even be attempting to connect to the ADSM server.

     The readme that came with the connect agent lists a verification file
     adsmaob.ord
     but that was not included in the download.

     Is that file necessary?
     If so, where could I get it?

     These are the environment variables that are set:

     DSMI_CONFIG=/home/oracle73/ebu/dsm.opt
     DSMI_DIR=/home/oracle73/ebu
     DSMI_LOG=/home/oracle73/ebu/dsm.log
     DSMO_FS=craaix