ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Data Base

1998-03-16 08:09:42
Subject: Re: ADSM Data Base
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:09:42 +1000
Alex,

I suggest you refer to the documentation supplied with the software.
 In one of the appendices there are references to documentation (also
available from the IBM ADSM web site as Redbooks) specifically
addressing this issue.  Additionally, you could try searching the
archives of this list; there has been considerable discussion on this
topic (machine dependent of course) but there have been a number of
successful tests documented.

A very brief summary is that you first reinstall your operating system
or a suitable bootable image then you recover the ADSM software and
its database then restore the data.  I believe a recent IBM
announcement described a bootable recovery tool for NT.

Murray Nicholas
IT Systems Consultant
Galeforce Information Services Pty Ltd
email:  murray AT galeforce.bu.aust DOT com