ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 client is dumping core

1998-03-16 08:14:11
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 client is dumping core
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:14:11 -0500
Naveed,
Just curious as to why you have all of those file systems in the domain
statement in dsm.opt.   ADSM by default will back up all locally mounted
file systems.   It may be possible that all of those file systems in the
domain statement are causing your problems.  I know when we installed
our V3 (we're at 3.1.0.0), I had had some DFS mount points in the domain
statement (as opposed to running a script with dsmc incremental
statements in there to back them up) and ran into some seg faults - even
before I could get to the dsmc> prompt.

Try removing the file systems from the domain statement and see if you
are still getting the seg faults.

John Rushton
Lockheed Martin M&DS