ADSM-L

Recovery logs.

1997-10-28 10:22:11
Subject: Recovery logs.
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:22:11 -0800
Hello to everyone:

I have a question for anyone who can answer it for me....

Current setup is ADSM for Unix/Aix V 2.1.5.12
                                           Unix/Aix V 4.1.4

On a weekly bases I check my Recovery log's and DB % Utilized.  Last
week my recovery log was at 64% which is close to it's current state.
Over the weekend another Unix Admin was in removing and renaming the
paging space.  These admins. just shutdown the Unix server without
shutting down ADSM first....(something I will correct immediately)

When I came in on Monday morning I was greeted with the following
message from ADSM
" ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
  ANR7837S Internal error LOGSEG871 detected."

in other words my Recovery Log's had filled up....I'm still looking into
the "WHYS" for this, but my question which ADSM support was unable to
answer for me is:   Is there a way I can have ADSM issue a warning
message either to the AIX side or to the Activity Log or where ever
prior to it just locking up the ADSM system?

Has anyone else ran into a similar problem and resolved it to a
satisfactorily resolution?

Thanks for the help....

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Admin.