ADSM-L

NT 4.0 or FAQ

1997-06-23 10:21:24
Subject: NT 4.0 or FAQ
From: Brad Lepper <lepperb AT DIEBOLD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:21:24 EDT
Hi,

I am brand new to this list.  I couldn't find a FAQ or archive anywhere.  Is
there one?
I have a problem that I think may be FAQ material:

I have a remote tape backup server running ADSM 32-bit Windows Version 2
Release 1, Level 6.
My workmates and I were using this server to backup regularly under Windows NT
3.51.
However, when some of us started converting to NT 4.0, we started seeing 2
failures after doing
incremental backups.  The failures seem to be involved with the user registry
hives.

Access denied     C:\...\ntuser.dat.LOG
Access denied     C:\...\NTUSER.DAT

Am I doing something wrong?  How worried should I be about these failures?
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad Q. Lepper  work e-mail:  lepperb AT diebold DOT com
Brad Q. Lepper  work e-mail:  lepperb AT diebold DOT com
(330)496-5964   home e-mail: brad AT 2-cool DOT com, or lepper AT cannet DOT com