ADSM-L

Is NT 3.5 fully supported ?

1997-01-24 09:59:17
Subject: Is NT 3.5 fully supported ?
From: "Wood, Gary" <GLW2 AT EXCHANGE.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:59:17 -0500
We installed client ver 2.1.6 on an NT 3.5 machine yesterday, the
previous
version was 2.1.3 .   The install wizard stated that the gui Admin
client is
not supported on 3.5 and that's not a problem for us.   We installed in
the
same directory, ADSM32, and said yes to uninstall previous version.

The process appeared to complete OK and we installed the scheduler as
an NT service, but when we clicked the Backup icon, it loaded ver 2.1.3
.
I can see in File Manager that the DSM.EXE was not replaced.

I didn't notice anything in the readme that indicated a 3.51 vs. 3.5
restriction.
We still have at least a dozen 3.5 Servers running here, so support for
them is still important to us.
Can someone shed some light on this ?