ADSM-L

Can ADSM make use of 3494 bulk output facility?

1997-01-24 11:21:31
Subject: Can ADSM make use of 3494 bulk output facility?
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:21:31 +0000
Has anyone any knowledge as to whether ADSM 2.1.5.10 on AIX 4.1.4 is able
to make use of the 3494 ATL "bulk output" storage facility?

We are embarking on DRM and will have more tapes to come out than will
fit in the "convenience I/O" station. Last time I tried straight
checkout libv for > 10  I think it didn't handle that too well -
failing processes after 10 I ( ... but that was a while ago).

Has anyone any recent experiences that they could relate? Thanks.

Best regards, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275