ADSM-L

Software version clarification

1996-11-07 09:33:14
Subject: Software version clarification
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:33:14 -0500
Having pretty good success working with ADSM test bed and want to expand
the client load by adding several Sun workstations (SunOS and Solaris
2.5.1).  However, it' a little confusing about what client software I
need from the ftp site.

My intention was to go the /adsm/releases/platform directories and grab
teh appropriate binaries for install.  I then check on the fixes directory
and begin seeing files named something like "v2r1m5".

What does the "m5" represent?  I recall someone mentionin this was
generally for multi-processor hosts.  Should I apply these fixes to hosts
that only have 1 CPU?  In other words, is there a benefit or is this a bad
thing to do?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development