ADSM-L

Netware 4.1 ... Forgive me but I am stupid

1996-11-07 10:26:41
Subject: Netware 4.1 ... Forgive me but I am stupid
From: Peter Hadikin <phadikin AT BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:26:41 +0000
Hello

We recently decided to make the big move to Netware 4.1.  I have no
experience with 4.1 (all I do is setup the ADSM s/w on the Novell
servers).

In any case, I installed the latest ADSM client on one of our Novell
servers.  When I start up ADSM, I am prompted for a Novell user and
password.   After I enter what I believe should be a supervisory
equivalent ID and password, I receive the following message:

ANS4974E: Login demied to Netware Target Services Agent "DEC_ADM"

Can somebody give me a clue as to why I am receiving this message.

As an aside ... when I do get around this problem, how do I go about
backing up the NDS.  Is it handled automatically?

Thanks in advance, Peter.