ADSM-L

ADSM's FTP Server - An Update

1996-10-09 20:57:09
Subject: ADSM's FTP Server - An Update
From: "Paul L. Bradshaw" <pbradshaw AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 17:57:09 PDT
To everyone who has experienced problems getting data off of our FTP
server, we have heard you!  We have a T1 line on order to be installed
within the next 10 days (we are running at a dismal 56kbps right now)
if all parties meet their commitments (we are driving them pretty hard to
make sure they do!).

In the meantime we are putting in an ISDN connection to go from 56kbps
to 128kbps to give us a tiny bit of room, but don't expect much until
our T1 gets installed.

The external name of the server will stay the same, but the dotted address
will probably change.  When it does we will notify you here.  If you have
any routines that use the dotted address you may want to change them to
the external name to avoid any problems.

We will monitor our T1 line to see if it meets your needs.  If not, I'm
sure you will post here any problems you are having with it (we are
counting on that!).

So, hold tight, and we should be streaming along well before any gremlins
come out for Halloween.

Paul Bradshaw