ADSM-L

Backing Up Windows 95 Registry

1996-10-09 21:23:14
Subject: Backing Up Windows 95 Registry
From: Terry A Moore <tmoore AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 21:23:14 -0400
Some time ago, I read a post asking if the Win95/NT client could backup
the Windows 95 registry, but I never saw an answer.  In the event of a
hard drive failure, will my Win95 clients have to re-install all of
their software in order to recreate the registry entries they need or
will the Win95/NT client restore a workable copy of the registry?

This will have a major impact on the roll-out of ADSM at our site.

Terry A. Moore - tmoore AT timken DOT com
Terry A. Moore - tmoore AT timken DOT com
Midwest VM Regional User Group    |     The best job
Midwest VM Regional User Group    |     The best job
October 25, 1996  Toledo, Ohio    |              is a quality job.
Call (330) 471-3380 for info      |     Autograph your work with QUALITY.
http://miamiu.muohio.edu/~mvmrug  |