ADSM-L

Re: windows 95 client

1996-09-27 14:30:52
Subject: Re: windows 95 client
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 14:30:52 EDT
On Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:42:07 -0400 Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US said:
>                                Could the LOADDSKF utility be improved
>to allow you to send the 'diskette image' to either a diskette or a
>directory on your hard drive ??
>
>Tim Pittson

Better yet, IBM, how about accepting and planning for the idea that many
installations are going to be distributing ADSM via FTP.  I suspect enough
of us do it, that it would be a real bonus to us all.

Don't depend on loaddskf, use self-extracting exe files (or whatever is
  appropriate for the particular platform
Provide user instructions on how to install this way
Allow user installation to first customize dsm.opt (preferences) file
  before putting up on local ftp site.  Also allow customization of readme
  files, inclexcl, etc.  I.e., don't put it all in a black box without
  giving us the key and a way to change the contents.

..Paul