ADSM-L

Adstar and Netware 4.1

1996-09-27 16:51:00
Subject: Adstar and Netware 4.1
From: "Reis, Tom" <REISTOM AT CDNET.COD DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:51:00 PDT
     I am using ADSTAR Server Release 1.16 on a VM Mainfame with Novell
Client v2.1.0.4  and trying to backup a Novell 4.1 file server. I am having
several question that came about after a few backups.

1) Is it possible for it to backup files on a volume with OS/2 or MAC
Namespace loaded on it ? It backups the DOS filenames but not the OS/2 or
MAC filenames. Is there a parameter that I can set?

2) Is there a way to backup empty directories?

3) Is there a way to increase performance? It took 3.5 hours to backup 980
Meg which seems slow.

4) The Server never tells the operator when the tape is full and to change
it or when the backup is finished. Is there a parameter for this ?

     I would appreciate any assistance that you can offer me. Thank You