ADSM-L

Backing up an ORACLE database on AIX

1996-05-01 16:47:34
Subject: Backing up an ORACLE database on AIX
From: Linnea Nichols <lnicho AT DIT.CO.FAIRFAX.VA DOT US>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 15:47:34 EST
To: [email protected] <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>

FROM: Linnea T. Nichols   (703)324-2708    US5RNFRN AT ibmmail DOT com
      Systems Programming Mgr           LNICHO AT co.fairfax.va DOT us
      Fairfax County Department of Information Technology
We are trying to set up a backup scenario for an ORACLE database on an
AIX box. What we want to do is to have the backup performed at a set
time as determined by this system's administrator, and not have it use
an ADSM scheduled backup. When the backup is kicked off, we would like
to have it do a regular incremental backup using a STANDARD mgmt class,
excluding the ORACLE database, and then do a selective backup on the
ORACLE database, using a different mgmt class. We've been trying to
figure out how to do this using the INCLUDE/EXCLUDE statements and have
gotten stuck. What would be the best way to do this? (We've read the
Redbook on backuping up databases -- it's good, but we can't find an
answer to our problem.

* "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities      *
*  brilliantly disguised as impossible situations" C. Swindoll*
Linnea