ADSM-L

Re: Legato vs ADSM

1996-02-23 10:03:14
Subject: Re: Legato vs ADSM
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 08:03:14 MST
>                                                      Can ADSM produce
>two copies of the output volumes as they are created?  Can you mirror
>tape volumes, the way you can mirror the database volumes and logs?

ADSM does not provide physical mirroring or twinning of storage pool volumes
However, Version 2 provides logical duplication of storage pool data
in one or more copy storage pools.  By logical, I mean that copies
will be made of every file, but the volumes on which the copies are
made need not be be mirrors or the original volumes.  This actually
provides certain advantages as compared to volume twinning,
including the possibility of copying data to a different device type.

For further information, see the Version 2 Admin Guide (especially the
chapters on Managing Storage Pools, Managing Storage Pool Volumes,
and Recovering Data) and the information on the Backup Stgpool,
Restore Stgpool, and Restore Volume commands in the Version 2 Admin Reference.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development