ADSM-L

Upgrading Version 1 DB to Version 2

1996-01-04 02:22:49
Subject: Upgrading Version 1 DB to Version 2
From: Dag Bjornar Skogli <Dag-Bjornar.Skogli AT OSLO.TEAMCO.TELENOR DOT NO>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 08:22:49 +0100
> This question is for those of you who have migrated from the Version
> 1 MVS server to the Version 2 MVS server.  I am trying to get an
> idea of about how long it will take to upgrade the version 1
> database to version2.  We have two 800 mb databases allocated
> (i.e., 1 mirrored copy).  The data base currently takes up only
> about half that space.  Any info you can provide on how long
> the upgrade process took would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

> Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
> Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
> Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
>        BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607

1. The database is upgraded "on the fly" by the v2 client code when running
backups, so no extra time is added.
     We migrated the clients first, then the server.

2. The UPGRADEDB parameter, which is used the first time you start the V2
server code over an exisiting V1
     database does not  add any extra time, it just sets a "flag" in the
database.

                                  Hilsen
                                  Dag Bj|rnar Skogli
                                  Datalageradministrasjon