ADSM-L

Re: New Features wanted...

1995-08-30 17:19:39
Subject: Re: New Features wanted...
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:19:39 EDT
On Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:15:35 +1200 Hamish Marson said:
>Another thing that would be really useful, would be the ability for the
>administrator of the ADSM server to be able to specify that a client must do a
>full-backup every X days/weeks/months, so that when restoring you don't have to
>never changes was backed up....
>
>Or is there some way of specifying this already that I've missed?

If all you want to do is to recover a single file, then forceing additional
full backups will not really acheive anything.  Since ADSM has a database
that keeps track of which tape each backed up file is on, it will simply
mount the correct tape and restore the file.  It will not have to mount
multiple tapes.