1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

zfs snapshot and snapshotroot

Discussion in 'Solaris' started by norrby, Mar 31, 2008.

1. norrby

norrby New Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to use option -snapshotroot on a zfs filesystem, tsm client is 5.5.0. 0 and solaris version Solaris 10 8/07.I have a zfs filesystem gipsy/data, mounted on /gipsy/data and create a zfs snapshot.
    # zfs snapshot gipsy/data@backup

I run a incremental backup
    # dsmc inc /gipsy/data -snapshotroot=/gipsy/data/.zfs/snapshot/backup

This backup the files in root directory /gipsy/data/, but it doesn't do a recursive backup of directories under /gipsy/data.
    How to fix this? With option -subdir=yes

I change the command to:
    # dsmc inc /gipsy/data/* -subdir=yes -snapshotroot=/gipsy/data/.zfs/snapshot/backup

Gives me result
    ANS7527E The (-SNAPSHOTROOT) option is not valid in conjunction with 10 file specifications.

I have tried a few other things on the same topic, but can't backup a directory structure using snapshotroot and zfs.:confused:

Any ideas or workarounds welcome. Mounting zfs snapshot on a "real" directory?

Regards

Lennart

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  3. briner

briner New Member

: zfs