Windows systemstate archiving ?

wymaroo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm asking a question about system backup on windows servers.

I manage about 20 AIX servers and ....:mad: 2 windows servers.

For AIX backups, i can archive mksysb images with differents retention periods from one month to one year for example.

But it seems that systemservices, asr and systemstate are only available in backup mode , not in archive mode

Is there any trick to have differents retentions periods for systemstate ?

Thx

Create a different mgmt class with different copygroup setting. Then use an include.systemstate option and specify the mgmt class. This will bind the systemstate to that mgmt class with the copygroup retentions you have specified.

Look up the exact syntax for the include.systemstate

Robert

Hi,

for this purpose we use a workaround - backup systemstate via NTBackup to file and then we archive/backup this one with required retention.

Hope it helps

Harry

Create a different mgmt class with different copygroup setting. Then use an include.systemstate option and specify the mgmt class. This will bind the systemstate to that mgmt class with the copygroup retentions you have specified.
Look up the exact syntax for the include.systemstate

Robert

Yes i try this first but i think system state only use backup copy group , not archive copy group

We will use harry's solution , backup on C:\ with ntbackup, and then archive it with selected management class

thx !

Back