Windows Security Patches and TSM backup error

Ken_Okubo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first time to write on this forum.

I am administrating Windows 2000 Server SP4 and using TSM(Tivoli Storage Manager) to backup files.

Since Aug. 18, after applied Microsoft`s August Security Patches(MS05-038, 039, 041, 042, 043), TSM backup failed every night with following error code.

ANS1005E errno=10054

According to Answer line of IBM, this code shows Network problem such as NIC, traffic, router, etc. However, I suspect MS patches because there was abusolutely no problem before applying pathces.

I could not find this case in this web site as well as Microsoft official site.

Does anyone know about the similer issue?

The version of TSM is 5.2.2Japanese

Thanks for your help.

Ken Okubo

Hello,

I havent got this pb but i have found this :

ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = socket-id, errno = error-code, reason : ’error-reason’.

Explanation: An attempt to receive data using TCP/IP connection failed. If reason : ’Connection reset by peer’, it is possible that the server control connection timed out. This can occur if the file transfer time is greater than the IDLETIMEOUT value set on the server.

System Action: TCP/IP connection to server fails.

User Response: If the timeout was due to a large file transfer time, you can ignore this message. The client will reconnect with the server automatically, finish transferring the data, and send statistics. You can also consider increasing the IDLETIMEOUT value in the server options file.null

Have a good day !

Hi qratteu,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, my problem does not seems to be the one you have mentioned.

Files for backup are small (20MB or so), and finish backup within few minutes.

And even it seems to be successful.

For each backups (3 backup) written in .bat file, it gives return errno=10054 and it bring TSM to return error code 8.

Ken Okubo

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hello,

I havent got this pb but i have found this :

ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = socket-id, errno = error-code, reason : ’error-reason’.

Explanation: An attempt to receive data using TCP/IP connection failed. If reason : ’Connection reset by peer’, it is possible that the server control connection timed out. This can occur if the file transfer time is greater than the IDLETIMEOUT value set on the server.

System Action: TCP/IP connection to server fails.

User Response: If the timeout was due to a large file transfer time, you can ignore this message. The client will reconnect with the server automatically, finish transferring the data, and send statistics. You can also consider increasing the IDLETIMEOUT value in the server options file.null

Have a good day !

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

After All............................

When I rebooted the server last week, the problem was automatically solved.

I have rebooted after the deployment of MS patches. However, there might be some problem on loading NIC driver or something.

Thanks for all.

Ken Okubo

Back