Windows 2008 R2 recommendations ?

Samuel

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I search the ibm recommendation for a client windows 2008 r2 with tsm client 6.1.3 :
- exclude/include
- use the CAD or TSM Scheduler ?
- what activate options on TSM agent (LVSA, backup image..), the shadow copy is it better ?
- systemstate and system services
- best pratice for recovery from scratch, Is it necessary created a cd bootable allowing a full house restore of a windows server without reinstalment of the server behind?:confused:

Last edited:
Somebody have an experience with windows 2008 r2 and tsm client 613 ???

It would be the same as a Windows 2003 server.

- Exclude/include use the default in the dsm.opt after tune to your env.

- CAD or Sched, it's the same debate on MAC and PC. Some admin like to use the CAD and some prefer the Sched. I try both, and they both work.

-Since 5.5.X I think IBM drop the LVSA driver they created for windows 2k3. So you are stuck with MS VSS!
Treat the backup image as you treat Ghost. Machine down to create a image of the backups

- System State and System Services. Allways important

- Best practive for BRM. Documentation, Practice, and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and oh!!! btw Documentation, Practice..

Look for a white paper call Tivoli Storage Manager Recovery techniques Using Windows Pre-Installation Environment (windows PE). I base all my windows 2k3 recovery procedure from this documents. But every systeme as there own unique subtilities.. so!!! Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice. Win2k8 should be fairly the same.

Thanks for your answers.

Thanks for your answers.

It would be the same as a Windows 2003 server.

- Exclude/include use the default in the dsm.opt after tune to your env.

- CAD or Sched, it's the same debate on MAC and PC. Some admin like to use the CAD and some prefer the Sched. I try both, and they both work.

-Since 5.5.X I think IBM drop the LVSA driver they created for windows 2k3. So you are stuck with MS VSS!
Treat the backup image as you treat Ghost. Machine down to create a image of the backups

- System State and System Services. Allways important

- Best practive for BRM. Documentation, Practice, and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and oh!!! btw Documentation, Practice..

Look for a white paper call Tivoli Storage Manager Recovery techniques Using Windows Pre-Installation Environment (windows PE). I base all my windows 2k3 recovery procedure from this documents. But every systeme as there own unique subtilities.. so!!! Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice and Documentation, Practice. Win2k8 should be fairly the same.

Hi guys,

I have a simular problem using Win 2008 R2 (64 bit) on one of our clients. We tried to install baclient 5.5.2.10 as our server is 5.5.

The question is: Can we use a higher baclient (6.1 version) on this client when everything runs at 5.5? I was under the impression this could not be done, but just looking for a work around to backup the win 2008 R2 (64 bit) server.

Thanks in advance

Yes you can. I got loads of Win2k8 x64 servers that have the 6.1.3 BA clients and i'm running a 5.5. servers.

The only thing is if you have features in the 6.1.3 clients that need a 6.1 or 6.2 servers. They wont be available. that's it.

Back