Windows 2003 64bit ASR Restore

m*a*s*h

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what the resolution was.

I am trying to run ASR for a 64 bit Windows 2003 R2 server. The problem is that the Broadcom NetXtreme II drivers loaded ont he Dell 2950 are not natively supported by Windows 2003. Which means, I can't get the IP address necessary to proceed with the ASR restore.

I was given the suggestion to slipstream the drivers using nLite which I have tried several times with no success.

The second suggestion was to try and install the drivers from the command line during the restore process with the following:

C:\> rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 .\<file>.inf

This doesn't appear to work either. I'm not even sure it would work with a 64 bit driver.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions as to how to get around this?

Thanks!

I've been battling a similar issue with an TSM/ASR test using Broadcom drivers...though in a 32-Bit environment.

While I still haven't completed the recovery test (running in to Blade Center/Server issues), I did get to the point of the machine being assigned an IP address. I downloaded the software install package for the Broadcom NIC, burned it to a CD and ran the install from the second DOS window that opens.

While IPCONFIG didn't return the assigned address, I was able to see from my DHCP server that it had responded to an IP request.

Back