Win7 Session State Stays at IdleW

Jose

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

About a month ago, I started noticing that consumer sessions, only for Win7 machines, started running for weeks on end, staying in an "IdleW" state. The sessions never close. If I cancel them, or the machine is rebooted, the backups start up at their normal time, and eventually go into an IdleW state after a few hours, and will again sit there until manually canceled. We have Macs, tons of Linux machines, AIX machines, and a variety of other Windows servers and clients, this issue seems to only be happening for end users running Win7. We have two TSM servers, this is happening on both. One server is running on AIX, TSM 5.5, the other server is running Linux, TSM 7.1.

I have updated the clients on a few machines, and rebuilt the TSM scheduler service, and there has been no change. I also recreated the TSM backup node, so the clients could start fresh from a new node. Still no change. Anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply, marclant. Yes the session stays in IdleW way longer than the idletimeout value. The link you posted sounds closer to anything I have read, but I agree, the behavior of this problem is slightly different.

As things would have it, this issue seems to have evaporated since the beginning of the year. We didn't make any changes, the issue seems to have cleared up via some other means. I feel like this may have been a Windows patch related issue, on the clients that were having this problem. I'm going to chalk this up as fixed and move on to other things. Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it.

Back