Why TSM tries to reclaim an offsite volumes?

avinim8

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
1. From the TSM activity log I can see that
Offsite volume LO1122 still contains files which could not be moved
What should I do with it? bring the tape on site and perform reclamation?

2. My Scratch tapes are used frequently. TSM asks for scratch tapes for most migration processes. Here is an example of a migration process:
Disk Storage Pool DISK_POOL01, Moved Files: 8,
Moved Bytes: 239,870,898,176, Unreadable Files:
0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical File
(bytes): 33,564,684,288 Waiting for mount of
scratch volume (369 seconds).
Is it because the file size it should migrate? does it means that no other tape on the sequential stg pool has enough space to store this file (33 GB file)?

Thank you!

Hi,
1. Yes. That tape is not a volume of a copy pool. It's a primary pool. There is no offsite reclamation for primary pool. Just to be sure, can you confirm that it belongs to a primary pool?
2. Event if a file or aggregate doesn't fit in a single tape TSM will span if over the number of tapes needed. Several possibilities here: all your defined volumes were full, all your defined volumes that have space available were readonly or unavailable or offsite, your storage pool has collocation enabled by group and no groups defined or collocation by filespace and there was no space in the tapes belonging to that node/filespace in defined volumes.

Check your collocation settings, check what's is the status of your volumes that are inside your library.

Rudy

Back