Who outsourced TSM support to India recently?

I was 1 of 2 TSM/SAN admins at a retailer based out of Wisconsin that outsourced us and about 70 others to India recently (2010). Almost the whole shop including AIX, Linux, Sun, and Windows admins as well as help desk and application developers.

So sorry to hear that. I do hope that you and your family are doing ok.
A friend of mine is having trouble becuse the TSM admin was outsourced to Ukraine.

My old company did (of course they are owned by an India based company so it only makes sense for them). Usually the support quality and SLA's drop when they shift support to India. Nothing against India based work, but IMO they don't have the same mind set when it comes to working outside the box.

Thanks Hogmaster, yes, I landed on my feet. But I know several who haven't been so fortunate. I actually had 4 offers before we were actually put out on the street. So there's definately work out there for good TSM/Storage admins. I Took the one that didn't require us to move. I can't imagine trying to sell our house in this market. It's a bit of a career change and I'm really missing the hands on work. So much so that I threw together a TSM server at home last weekend just for fun (TSM 5.5/ CentOS 5). How sick is that? I want to do a 6.2 server next but I think I need 64bit hardware for a Linux based server. Hopefully my wife won't miss her laptop to much...lol.

Clearly these outsourcing efforts aren't meant to improve service, just reduce expenses. I did my best to train my Indian counterparts in the short time I had. They were some good guys trying to make a buck just like us. Problem is they get moved around so much that they never have a chance to get really good on an account. Or, they leave if they do get good because the aren't paid very well.

Back