Whitepapers - Best practise

datorexpert

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
datorexpert.no-ip.com
Hi!

I want to generate different Operational Reports like a detailed to the serverstaff and a simple summary to my chief.

The staff should get reports on daily basis for every klient the goes failed or missed during the night.

My chief should only get a summary report on daily basis about klients that also went failed/missed but no details.

I want all reports to by sent automatically at say 8a.m every day.

How do I set this up?

I´m using v5.3.3 of the Operational reporter and v5.3.2.4 on the TSM-servers.

Are there any whitepapers or other documentation regarding TSM Operational Reporter?

Kindly,

/Thomas

I cannot recall 100% the time parameters, but I am pretty sure they are as follows or the 2nd %s will have a -24 hours. Can provide more detail next time I log onto it.

Detailed reports

select node_name, scheduled_start, actual_start, status from events where scheduled_start between '%s' and '%s' and (status='Failed' or status='Missed') order by node_name, status desc

Management Summary

Just edit a new custom summary

Check the syntax of the current reports, but whatever you have where I have CLI_FAIL you need to include that in your label

select count(*) as CLI_FAIL from events where scheduled_start between '%s' and '%s' and (status='Failed' or status='Missed')

Just schedule the reports to run at 8am each morning, you could either put on web or email.

Back