Which files to copy from an existing AIX TSM v6.2 server to do a new install.

syed

Newcomer
Reaction score
Which files should I copy from an existing AIX server which has TSM V6.2 installed on it, in order to install the same version of TSM on another AIX server. I am currently looking in /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin...

No, I mean which files do I need to copy from /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin for installing it on another AIX box?

Let me be more clear...

I have an existing AIX server(A) which has TSM v 6.2 installed on it. Now I have another AIX Server(B) on which i want to install v 6.2. I want to copy the installation files from "A" to "B".. So, which files should I copy so that i can install v 6.2 on "B"?

Let me be more clear...

I have an existing AIX server(A) which has TSM v 6.2 installed on it. Now I have another AIX Server(B) on which i want to install v 6.2. I want to copy the installation files from "A" to "B".. So, which files should I copy so that i can install v 6.2 on "B"?

OK, do you have the base environment installed on the second (TSM Server B) TSM?

If this is what you mean, and that the second would be a 'clone' of the first, you will need:

- dsmserv.opt
- the device configuration files
- volume history
- restore the DB from TSM server 1 to TSM server 2

Also the first three files reside in /home/<tsm_instance_owner>/<tsm_instance_owner>/

you don't, download the binaries from IBM website and install from scratch

You may copy
dsmserv.dsk
dsmserv.opt
devconfig.out
volumehistory.out

Back