Where to place script

dustypaint

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have some scripts that are set up in place in AIX. I would like to set these up in Tivoli to run. I've seen where you can setup Pre run scripts and Post run scripts but I can't seem to find it, can anyone help ? Thanks.

you can't find what?

Pre run scripts and Post run scripts ??

or the way you run an a job Scheduled with TSM?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else but I thought in TSM somewhere in there was a line that said run a post script or something to that effect. My scripts were setup in /tsm/scripts on AIX. I would like to schedule them to run on a daily basis. The script itself reads: /tsm/scripts/tsm_drtape_onsite

so, where would I put that to run on a daily basis?

After taking a glance at this thread, let me put a thought to mind. If you want tsm_drtape_onsite script to run regularly - you have several options. First, since I have not see a "pre or post" script on any of my old AIX servers, the alternative would be to place your "command" entries in /usr/local/etc into a filename of your choice and then have cron execute the filename at the time you need it to run. This file could contain steps to suspend alert messages, perform a database shutdown or alteration command, or whatever pre scripts you want to perform, then perform dmsc backups, and finally perform your post scripts and then exit. Your Second option would be to create a client option set - where your Pre and Post scripts will be inserted with different sequence numbers. The final option would be, especially if this a Stand Alone script, is to place this in either an Administrative or Client Schedule, where the schedule type is obviously "command'. Between these three options, I hope that one of them will suit your needs.

Good Luck

Steven

I would prefer to run that script via cron. It's more reliable way, TSM scheduler sometimes stop working. To be it visible from TSM server I'd place administrative schedule ISSUE MESSAGE ..... scheduled in the same time. We use this approach e.g. for reclamations which are done by a perl script and we are issuing messages like "reclamation started by cron" and "reclamation stopped by cron".

If you want to use pre/post scripts for backup purposes, you can use these options placed in dsm.sys:

Preschedulecmd/Prenschedulecmd

Postschedulecmd/Postnschedulecmd

The left commands wait for the script untill ends, the right commands don't.

Hope it helps.

Back