1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

What do reporting product do you use ?

Discussion in 'TSM Reporting & Monitoring' started by benzwil, Mar 15, 2012.

1. benzwil

benzwil New Member

Hi - I'm new to posting here. Our shop has been long time TSM/ADSM users. We are finally moving off v 5.5.x for TSM server, switching from AIX platform to Windows 2008, and upgrading server code to 6.2.x. That means we'll finally cut the ties to Operational Reporting and the old Admin GUI. I've been kicking the tires for a few days with Admin Center 6.2.2 and TCR. Not too impressed with the reporting features yet. I'm looking to make my life easier, so good canned reports would be welcome. What do most of you use for reporting ? IBM's offerings or 3rd parties like Servergraph ?

Thanks much,
    Bill

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    TSMManager

4. benzwil

benzwil New Member

moon-buddy:
    So TSMManager works as both the administrative console and reporting suite ? Sounds intrigueing, as most of us at our site are not all that excited to work TSM administration through the Admin Center. It's workable, but sometimes a bit too dumbed-down and a little slow.
    What things do you like about TSMManager ?
    Bill

5. jomo4tsm

jomo4tsm New Member

TSM admin
    TSM Studio.

6. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    The reporting mechanisim.