What do reporting product do you use ?

benzwil

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to posting here. Our shop has been long time TSM/ADSM users. We are finally moving off v 5.5.x for TSM server, switching from AIX platform to Windows 2008, and upgrading server code to 6.2.x. That means we'll finally cut the ties to Operational Reporting and the old Admin GUI. I've been kicking the tires for a few days with Admin Center 6.2.2 and TCR. Not too impressed with the reporting features yet. I'm looking to make my life easier, so good canned reports would be welcome. What do most of you use for reporting ? IBM's offerings or 3rd parties like Servergraph ?

Thanks much,
Bill

moon-buddy:
So TSMManager works as both the administrative console and reporting suite ? Sounds intrigueing, as most of us at our site are not all that excited to work TSM administration through the Admin Center. It's workable, but sometimes a bit too dumbed-down and a little slow.
What things do you like about TSMManager ?
Bill

moon-buddy:
So TSMManager works as both the administrative console and reporting suite ? Sounds intrigueing, as most of us at our site are not all that excited to work TSM administration through the Admin Center. It's workable, but sometimes a bit too dumbed-down and a little slow.
What things do you like about TSMManager ?
Bill

The reporting mechanisim.

Back