Web Client Unable to Authenticate to Browser

NJADMIN

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi there:

I'm in kind of jam right now. The company that I work for has been using TSM 5.1.5 for a year now and our backups have been working without any major problems. At times the backup on several clients might get missed because the TSM scheduler service would hang and need to be restarted, but for the most part the client schedules have been working as expected.

I ran into a problem last week whereby three of my client servers are missed their backups. I checked the server activity on the backup server and it appears a session would start and stop for each of the three servers. I went out to the dsmerror log and it appears I have a password issue. The error message states that the password has either been changed on the server or can not be found on the local machine. I have not changed any passwords, so I'm assuming the passwords have expired.

When I attempt to use the Web based GUI to see if I can do a backup or restore, I get the error message that the "Web client cannot authenticate to the web browser". However, I can do manual backups using the TSM Backup client and logging onto the backup server as the client. However, trying to logon through the Web GUI is another matter.

Now I tried changing the passwords using the "update node <node name> <password> passe=9999" command line through the Admin web interface, the administrative client <dsmadmc> as well as through the TSM Backup client. Each time I stopped the services for the clients, changed the passwords, and then restarted to no avail. The Web client still cannot authenticate to the browser.

Now I understand that the passwords can get back in sync using the dsmcutil.exe program. I was wondering if anyone has come across a situation like this where the web client doesn't work, but backups and restores can still be done through the backup client.

Any help will be appreciated.

NJAdmin

PS: In our dsm.opt files for our clients, they all have the command line PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

Back