Volume Status

memeric

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First, let me make you aware that I am a TSM newbie, so please allow for stupid questions! I am trying to figure out the status of some tape volumes that I have. They are not library volumes, not vaulted or offsite, not part of DRM, and do not appear in the volhistory. Am I to assume that they may be safely checked in as scratch volumes? Is there a way that I can find out what (if anything) the volumes contain? Have I missed anything as far as queries that can be made to ascertain what the volumes were used for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

Hi Memerick

If the volumes do not feature in the volhist then you can assume that TSM no longer regards them as holding data.

If your satisfied and that a 'q vol', 'q drm' give nothing positive, then as a final check you could check the volume(s) in as private and run an audit on them. If they have never been written to before the audit will not get far as the header info will not match the label.

If this happens you'll need to label them up (label libv....) and then they will most certainly be scratch...

Back