"Volume Reclamation warning"?

toofarnorth

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
When one looks at the Summary operational report for TSM, via the Microsoft Management Console - what exactly is the "Volume Reclamation warning", what does it mean, and where is it documented?? :confused:

Hi there.

What it means is that you have volumes with status FULL and with less than 48% utilized. The SQL statement that operational report executes is as follows:

select count(*) as RW from volumes where (status='FULL') AND (pct_utilized<48)

You can see the SQL statements when consulting the properties of the operational report, and selecting the "Edit" button.

If you want to determine the volumes encountered by operational report try executing this:

select stgpool_name, volume_name, pct_utilized from volumes where status= 'FULL' and pct_utilized < 48

See ya!!

Thank you, that's _exactly_ what I needed...now I can see what's happening. Ta for that.

What I don't know, now, is why - why did it suddenly stop reclaiming tapes? Script is there, scheduler is calling it, nothing seems to have changed, and the commands work if you peel them out of the script and run them at the command line ("upd stg backup_pool recl=50"), but when the script runs as scheduled it isn't actually doing anything. Urgh. :sad:

Back