VM backup running slow and TSM4VE CAD service keep crasing

rpandey

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi
Currently i have upgraded TSM4VE to 8.1.4.1. Since upgrade, VM backup running slow and eventuallyTSM4VE CAD service crashed.

3/27/2018 04:44:59 ANS0361I DIAG: ccReadScheduleDetails: Unable to open timer file 'D:\Tivoli\TSM\logs\sfoo.', errno=2, error:No such file or directory
03/27/2018 04:44:59 ANS1977E Dsmcad schedule invocation was unsuccessful. This command will be tried again in 10 minutes.
03/27/2018 04:55:00 ANS2250W A IBM Spectrum Protect core file or crash report was found: C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcrash.dmp

detail log is attached.

If you have fix, pls share with me.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
PREDATAR Control23

Delete dsmcrash.dmp and restart services, normally deleting dsmcrash.dmp works for any version give a try.

PREDATAR Control23

Deleting dsmcrash.dmp will work if it local file system backup. In my case it is vmware backup and proxy node is the datamover

PREDATAR Control23

Deleting dsmcrash.dmp will work if it local file system backup. In my case it is vmware backup and proxy node is the datamover
Deleting dsmcrash.dmp will work if it local file system backup. In my case it is vmware backup and proxy node is the datamove

PREDATAR Control23

There is nothing to gain by deleting dsmcrash.dmp other than freeing up disk space stopping to see the warning. It's not causing any problems. The file can however be used by IBM to analyze the cause of the crash if you with to pursue this. More info: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21967624 So if you plan to pursue the crash and do not want to see the warning about dsmcrash.dmp, move it somewhere else instead of deleting it.

This is the real problem to resolve:
3/27/2018 04:44:59 ANS0361I DIAG: ccReadScheduleDetails: Unable to open timer file 'D:\Tivoli\TSM\logs\sfoo.', errno=2, error:No such file or directory
errno=2 means: The system cannot find the file specified.
1522147250862.png

Does "D:\Tivoli\TSM\logs\sfoo" exist?
If not running CAD as local system, does the user have access to "D:\Tivoli\TSM\logs\sfoo"?

PREDATAR Control23

Wonder if this was resolved I am getting same issue.
However I have 4 DM's and 3 might run through but one DM might have this error.
I don't believe access to the logs dir is the issue as other DM ran fine with same configuration.