Virtualnodename - ANS1395E The destination filespace...unavailable.

bot403

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have server A in production and want to restore all it's files to server B who is also in production. Server B will not take over A's functions or be a copy of A, it will just hold A's retrieved files. All of the files in question are on tape storage.

dsmc retrieve -replace=no -se=tsm -fromowner=myuser -virtualnodename=ServerA -password=ServerAPass -tapeprompt=no "{/my/path/to}/the/File.tar.gz"

ANS1395E The destination filespace or drive letter is unavailable. The following object was not processed:

Of course I have different filespaces set up between A and B, they are not the same server!

How can I force TSM to perform the retrieve?

I have tried with and without braces around different filespaces. I have manually recreated the destination directories so TSM can retrieve the files. I have all the permissions correct because I can "q archive {/my/path/to}/the/File.tar.gz" and see the file.

Unfortunatly we have special needs so we have to use filelist and restore to the original directory structure which means we can't use -fromnode and a destination directory.

AIX with dsmc 5.2.5 TSM server 5.2.4

Am I way out in left field? Can I make this work? Anyone? :confused:

Thanks In Advance

are you root on the machine?

if yes you do not need to specify the username

did try by speciyfing the destination path?

I agree with May - you are missing your destination path. Especially since you have different filespace between servers. Also you may want to insure that within the original server and the gaining server have access rights to their filespaces you are working in.

This is the Node access list option via the GUI

Hope this helps

Steven

Back