Verifying IBM TSM Encryption types

terrance

Newcomer
Reaction score
How can I retrieve all the information about the what kind of encryption method or type is using on my TSM server?
What I mean is how to check the backup data and store into a tape whether encrypted or not?
Isn't it related to the default encrypted method AES 128 or alternative encrypted method DES56?
Or else it is related to the AME, LME or SME?
Please proivde me the method or command even the file's path to verify or justify the information above.
Thank you.

To know the encryption type depends on who or what is handling the encryption. Is it application based, library base, or software based encryption? Unless TSM is handling the encryption, it wont be able to tell you the encryption type/settings.

Read this Presentation from the 2007 TSM Symposium

So What you mean is TSM server don't has its own encryption instead help by the driver or client side encryption?
1) What i mean is that when data store inside the storage, any encryption step will run in this stage before it backup into a tape?

2) Will it possible a TSM server using both encryption such as driver encryption (AME, LME or SME) and client side encryption?

For example, when a client submit a data or info to the storage, the data was encrypted and stored in the storage. After that when backup is start, the data will encrypted second time and stored into a tape by the driver.
so does it make sense?

Back