VADP no VM available on GUI B/A for Backup ANS2610S

ixgamerz

Newcomer
Reaction score
Good morning,

For few weeks, I'm trying to implement VADP on a virtual proxy server by installing TSM B/A 6.2.4.03 without success. I hava followed instructions of the manual of B/A but seems that I do something wrong because I found this error in dsmerror :

************************************************** *******************************************
06/11/2012 11:36:49 ANS9365E VMware vStorage API error.
TSM function name : visdkGetServiceContentSoap
TSM file : vmvisdk.cpp (1143)
API return code : 28
API error message : SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]
"Host not found"
Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()

06/11/2012 11:36:49 ANS9365E VMware vStorage API error.
TSM function name : visdkPrintSOAPError
TSM file : vmvisdk.cpp (945)
API return code : 28
API error message : SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]
"Host not found"
Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()

06/11/2012 11:36:49 ANS1026E The session is rejected: There was a communications protocol error.
06/11/2012 11:36:49 ANS9383E Required files for VMware vStorage virtual machine backup could not be found.
Run the TSM install selecting the vmwaretools feature or install the VMware VDDK.
************************************************** ***********************************

When I try to use the GUI of B/A -> Actions -> backup VM... A I try to expand the tree to display all the vm of the datastore, i have the following error :

ANS2610S : TCP/IP communications failure between the client and the server machine.

and

ANS2614S: A protocol error occurred in communications between the client and the server.

I suppose that he cannot connect to the datastore, but I don't understand how configuring the vm proxy server to see the whole datastore. I have desactivate the autodiscover with diskpart. I see thar other post succeed in backup VM but nobody published the solution.... snif

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Back