Using DSMCAD.NLM two or tree time on the same NW Server

demartjl

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to know how it's possible to launch two or tree time the DSMCAD.NLM module with an options like "-optfile"

Ex: load dsmcad -optfile=sys:\tivoli\tsm\client\ba\dsm1.opt.

load dsmcad -optfile=sys:\tivoli\tsm\client\ba\dsm2.opt.

Is this possible ?

Thank's for you help.

Sure... both DSMCAD and DSMC can be loaded "reentrantly" on the same NetWare server. You could, for example, create different .OPT files for different volumes on your server. Use the "DOMAIN" option to specify the resources you want to back up using that OPT file, and use different HTTPPORT values to allow the web client to run multiply on the same box, if you want that functionality as well.

Only probem I have is with scripted load/unload commands. If you want to be able to unload one instance of DSMC or DSMCAD without taking down both, you will need to copy/rename the NLMs. For instance, I have a "DSMCNDPS.NLM" for backing up our NDPS database volume and a "DSMCUSR.NLM" for backing up the home directory volume. The other issue is that an "UNLOAD DSMC" command is always answered with a prompt "are you sure y/n:". Because the NetWare command line is so primitive, I cannot figure out how to auto-answer "no" to this question.

-Greg MacKinnon

University of Vermont

My tests are on Novell NW 4.11 SP9 with TSM client 4.2.2.0 and it's not possible to start two time the module DSMCAD.NLM

Is this a problem of Novell Version or a problem of TSM Client Version ?

Bests regards

JL

To auto-answer questions under NetWare you should take a look at 'stuffkey'; an unsupported tool originally from Novell consulting. It can be found at the NetWare Cool Solution site. As the name of this utility indicates it uses the keyboard buffer to send its content to a NetWare screen - not very elegant but it works...

HTH,

Gerd

Back