Using cronjob - dsmc incremental stored 326gb! Help?

djcronos

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, the question is what. Okay here's the story:

We have this server that I just installed the rpm of the TSM client. I'm using the following cronjob to back up to the Tivoli server every day:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE>

15 3 * * * /usr/bin/dsmc incremental

</PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

So I logged onto the ISC today via Firefox, went to the Usage Report, and noticed that this node has stored 326gb! Holy crap! The folder itself is only 183gb and I know there wasn't that much change to it! That isn't what I wanted to do!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that using the incremental command would back up only the files that have been changed to the server. Am I using the command wrong?

What can I do to look into this further?

Thanks in advance!

Your correct that incremental backup will backup file(s) that have changed since the last backup.

Check the copy group settings to see how many version of the file that you are keeping and for how log.

Good Luck,

Sias :)

Thanks for the response. I think I need to look through to see what exactly backed up.

Previously, before we enabled Tivoli, I created an rsync script that would rsync everything over to a backup server. I think something is changing it, making it back up a lot of extra data.

It's been sitting pretty at 360gb now so I think the major issue is over with. I still need to look into this.

Thanks again for the response!

Back