Urgent TSM Sys Admin on AIX (Unix/Linux OK)- PA

bluewolf

Newcomer
Reaction score
My client is looking to build out their backup and recovery applications that utilizes TSM on AIX (but Unix and Linux is ok).

This Systems Administrator provides daily support for backup and recovery management, keeps detailed backup documentation, and plays a major role in Disaster Recovery planning and testing. The qualified candidate will maintain backup schedules for key production systems and ensure backup success; maintain Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client infrastructure on key systems; maintain TSM server environment including applying appropriate PMRs, patches, and upgrades; and provide assistance with file-level and image-level recovery. In addition, responsibilities include assisting with setup and maintenance of physical backup technologies such as Tape Libraries, Virtual Tape Libraries, and disk-based backup systems; assisting Computer Operations with maintaining off-site backup pool; and maintaining disaster recovery (DR) documentation and ensuring off-site DR documentation is up-to-date. This role includes heavy participation in periodic DR exercises and planning.

Education (Minimum Required): Associates degree in Computer Science or another relevant field. Equivalent technical training/business experience may be substituted.

Experience (Minimum Required):
-Three or more years direct work experience in backup administration.
-Two or more years experience working with Tivoli Storage Manager.
-Knowledge of Disaster Recovery methodologies and experience executing Disaster Recovery plans.
-Knowledge of AIX/Unix/Linux preferred.

Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
-Must possess the ability to work in a dynamic environment, handling demanding internal and external customers to their satisfaction.
-Broad knowledge of multiple technical environments, platforms, and interfaces.
-Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging backup technologies and trends.
-Ability and willingness to learn additional operating systems such as AIX.

Client offers a competitive salary, advancement opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, prescription drug plan, paid vacations, and much more.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks!

yes! Please email me at [email protected]

-I tried replying with quick facts:

Permanent on-site opportunity in Harrisburg/Pennsylvania area with a leading food services company.

Back