URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR RESTORE(error message included)

rkrishp2004

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi,

I am trying to restore from Server A backup version to Server B in a directory /ora11(using AIX 4.3.3, TSM 5.1.1)

I have given permission through SET Access Backup * ServerB from the Server A tsm prompt, and on ServerB I have given the following command

tsm> restore -fromnode=serverA/ora11 serverB/ora11

I get the following messages Session established with server TSM: AIX-RS/6000

Server Version 5, Release 1, Level 5.0

Data compression forced off by the server

Server date/time: 12/04/03 11:20:15 Last access: 12/04/03 11:14:49

Restore function invoked.

ANS1096S Either an Active Policy Set or a node was not found on the server; Unab

le to proceed

Please help on this.

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Do you have the same policyset defination on Server B as Server A?

Hi,

Yes I have the same policy set, policy set for all servers are common, Standard policy set

Hoping to have a solutio nsoon.

Thanks

Krishna

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have the same policyset defination on Server B as Server A?</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Just a thought, have you tried changing the node name of the target system? If you do be sure to redirect the restore. That is how we do it.

Andy

Hi,

Yes I have tried that, now the problem is when I give this following command like

restore /ora11/ /ora11/

It restores only the directory structures, even any other combination is not working, can you please give your suggestions on that.

Thanks

Krishna

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Just a thought, have you tried changing the node name of the target system? If you do be sure to redirect the restore. That is how we do it.

Andy</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Assuming you have edited the dsm.sys file so that the nodename is set to the node you want to restore from:

dsmc> restore /ora11/* -sub=yes

-Aaron

Back