Upgrading LibraryManager from 7.1.7 to 8.1.5

blankgap

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

I will have to upgrade my 2 Library Managers to TSM 8.1.5 (currently 7.1.7) and am looking for best practice concepts.

What bothers me is the Down-Level compatibilty: Library Manager is communicating with other TSM servers, which are mostly running on v7.1.7

I did the following test:
Server A: 7.1.7
Server B: 7.1.7
Server C: 7.1.9

Server A, B, and C are defined to each other and can communicate
After upgrading Server A to 8.1.5, the Servers B and C are not able to communicate with Server A when the Admin's Sessionsecurity=STRICT.
Server A can send out commands to Servers B and C, but cannot receive commands (Reason: Down Level)

When the Admin's Sessionsecurity=TRANSITIONAL command routing is working fine, but as soon as this Admin logs in to another server with v8.1.2 or newer, the Sessionsecurity parameter sets itself back to STRICT.

Do you guys have any experience in upgrading a LibraryManager to v8.1? I thought about registering an own "Transitional-Admin" for use on the v7.1 Servers only. This way I could prevent Sessionsecurity from switching back to STRICT.
Would this be the way to go or am I missing something?

I'll appreciate every help I can get.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi, yes that would be the best way for now until you get everything to SSL mandated version- 7.1.8 or 7.1.9 or 8.1.2 and above.

There isn't a way around the SSL in new versions. Having a transitional admin is your best bet for now.