• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Upgrading LibraryManager from 7.1.7 to 8.1.5

blankgap

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi,

I will have to upgrade my 2 Library Managers to TSM 8.1.5 (currently 7.1.7) and am looking for best practice concepts.

What bothers me is the Down-Level compatibilty: Library Manager is communicating with other TSM servers, which are mostly running on v7.1.7

I did the following test:
Server A: 7.1.7
Server B: 7.1.7
Server C: 7.1.9

Server A, B, and C are defined to each other and can communicate
After upgrading Server A to 8.1.5, the Servers B and C are not able to communicate with Server A when the Admin's Sessionsecurity=STRICT.
Server A can send out commands to Servers B and C, but cannot receive commands (Reason: Down Level)

When the Admin's Sessionsecurity=TRANSITIONAL command routing is working fine, but as soon as this Admin logs in to another server with v8.1.2 or newer, the Sessionsecurity parameter sets itself back to STRICT.

Do you guys have any experience in upgrading a LibraryManager to v8.1? I thought about registering an own "Transitional-Admin" for use on the v7.1 Servers only. This way I could prevent Sessionsecurity from switching back to STRICT.
Would this be the way to go or am I missing something?

I'll appreciate every help I can get.

SElias

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi, yes that would be the best way for now until you get everything to SSL mandated version- 7.1.8 or 7.1.9 or 8.1.2 and above.

There isn't a way around the SSL in new versions. Having a transitional admin is your best bet for now.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 9.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sag