Upgraded TSM Client to 7.01.0100

Q

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We upgraded the client from 6.4 and have been getting error 6037 in the system log.

The program svchost.exe, with the assigned process ID 2560, could not authenticate locally by using the target name HOST/?. The target name used is not valid. A target name should refer to one of the local computer names, for example, the DNS host name. Try a different target name.

This is a windows 2008 R2 server. We are using a local account to run the backup from the task scheduler. All of the other servers we have, we use a domain account. I have tried to use a domain account on this server. When I change the task to use a domain account, it warns me that the user must be granted the "log on as batch job right" If I do not assign this right the task will not even start. If I assign this right the task goes from ready to running back to ready and says it completed successfully. Nothing is written to the dsmerror.log file. So I am not sure if this is a windows issue or a TSM client issue, because the 6037 error started on the day we upgraded the client. Also has anyone else seen this issue? There is reg hack to fix the 6037, but I am not sure what it would do to the security of the system.

The AD account failing was due to the dcom service not being started. It is now working. I still get the 6037 in the system log for the AD account.

Back