Upgrade Windows 2008r2 to 2012r2 with TSM 7.1.3 ??

zolagbr

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Forum Members,

I will appreciate any tips as to how best I can do an in place upgrade of our TSM Server OS .
The current scenario is this........
TSM is 7.1.3 currently running on Windows 2008 R2 and I have been asked to draw a plan for upgrading the OS to Windows Server 2012 R2.
My questions is this?
Can I do a in place upgrade in it's current state or do I have to do a fresh install of Server 2012 and restore the Database??
Any idea about how to perform this upgrade with minimal downtime will be appreciated.

Regards

R

It "should" work by upgrading the OS only. I'd take a few precautions before the upgrade. Backup the database, make a copy of dsmserv.opt, devconfig and volhist, then halt TSM. Set "TSM Server1" service to disabled or manual.

Proceed to the upgrade of the OS. Make sure all your SAN drives and tape library (if any) are online and available. Once completed and all satisfied, then you can change "TSM Server1" service back to automatic and try to start it.

If the server doesn't come up, you'll have to troubleshoot the errors.

It "should" work by upgrading the OS only. I'd take a few precautions before the upgrade. Backup the database, make a copy of dsmserv.opt, devconfig and volhist, then halt TSM. Set "TSM Server1" service to disabled or manual.

Proceed to the upgrade of the OS. Make sure all your SAN drives and tape library (if any) are online and available. Once completed and all satisfied, then you can change "TSM Server1" service back to automatic and try to start it.

If the server doesn't come up, you'll have to troubleshoot the errors.

Many thanks Marclant

Back