Upgrade TSM from 3.7.3.8 to 4.2

slhiew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Anything we need to consider on this upgrade ? and how to do it ?

Appreciated if you could let me know.

thanks

alan

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Anything we need to consider on this upgrade ? and how to do it ?

Appreciated if you could let me know.

thanks

alan</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi Alan,

I have upgraded from 3.7 to 4.x in just notime (I have TSM on AIX).

There is not really much do to, the only thing is, as far as I recall, to pass over base version. In other words, you shall not (or even cannot) install directly 4.2, but have to install 4.0 first, then update to 4.x.

Upgrade is much like a normal installation. Shutdown, back up, install, startup, shutdown, backup, update, startup, shutdown, startup.

The official document is included in the distribution CD, let's have a look ... nope ... maybe on the tivoli site? ... just a second ... searching ... :sad: ... sorry, I just don't find it.

Get the last update for 4.x, though.

If you plan to get on to arrive at 5.1, support says not to install 5.1.6 because it is bugged. Wait on 5.1.5 until 5.1.7 or later arrives.

Get the clients to 4.x, too, although 3.x works fine with 4.x server, too. So, it's not to be done in a rush ...

Hope this helps, no warranty, though :sad:

Have a nice day,

Igor

You might be interested in knowing that the sunset for support on many of the TSM 4.2 versions is March 15th 2003. This includes both servers and clients. Be sure to check the IBM/Tivoli website for details about your configuration.

Back