Unschedule Job Reports.

TSM_junior

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How can I find out the database backup was run successfully if it was run manually before the schedule time ?

TSM version, 5, Windows2003

look in the summary table you want to search by activity, which is think is Db bckup

check for sure by doing a...

select activity, start_time from summary where activity!='BACKUP' and ACTIVITY!='ARCHIVE' and start_time>= current_timestamp -12 hours

It will stick our like a dogs breakfast which activity it is, then grab a more comprehensive list using that activity and an appropriate time frame

Thnx for your quick response, but it only shows me the activity, how would I know it was run successfully? Pardon my ignorance, I am just new to TSM.. have been told to manage it w/o any prior training, so I am learning as I go.

Thnx.

okay now that you have the activity...

Select * from summary where activity='db backup' and start_time>= current_timestamp - 12 hours

substitute the time for the one you want to check and the activity for the actualy activity name... Sorry I am not at work and cannot recall the exact activity name, but the command earlier would show you...

Check the fields that are presented I am pretty sure there is a successful field, maybe it is success again I have no access to a system at present... It will show a yes if successful

BTW one you have that field, we will call it successful for the sake of this command, you could just supplant it as follows

select acitivity, successful, start_time, end_time from summary where activity='Db bckup' and start_time>= current_timestamp -12 hours

thnx, that command worked, much appreciated.

how can I check if my L2 and L0 backup was run successfully ?

Back