Unable to logon to web client

jlbetsch

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have been encountering an issue where I can connect to my server via port 1581 and then click on restore. To which I am prompted to enter in a password.

No issue here, password is same as node name. Then I get told that the password is invalid. No sweat, RDP into the server, reconfigure the web client - make sure the password is accurate by carefully retyping it. finish the update and restart the service. :)

Go in to the web client via an alternate PC and issue is still same.:eek: I then uninstall the Tivoli 5.3.4 client and reinstall. Again issue is the same. :mad:

I am slightly perplexed at this point. Can some one please offer some advice.

Thank You in advance,

Jeff

I would try opening a dsmc session and type q sess just to make sure your password has not been changed. Also did you check if your CAPS LOCKS was on? If you really need to get the restore done you can always login as a TSM admin and complete the restore. Also maybe the admin account was removed from TSM so you might have to just use the local gui client or text CLI to complete your restore if you don't have an ADMIN account in TSM to do the restore.

Thank you for the reply. I will noww clarify - My Cap locks were off :)

When i perform a q sess here is what I see on screen.

Servername: .................. WinNode
Server Tpye: ................ AIX-RS/6000
Archive Retain Protect..... "No"
Server Version................ 5.2.4 (This should reflect 5.3.4)

Node name..................... WinNode
User Name .................... (blank)

I see two potential problems. One is that I upgraded the client to 5.3.4 (Windows 2000 Server) and the user name is blank. Any thoughts? Do I need to perform a reboot of the server? Can I do anything to avoid a reboot?

Thanks

It has been my experience that the 2000 boxes require a reboot not the 2003 (going fron a 5.2 client to 5.3.4) . on several of the boxes i had to rerun the client setup wizard

Check your dsm.opt file and see if you have a nodename statement in it. If not put it in. Then restart your services.

As for having to reboot or not. That all depends on what version of MSI you have installed on the server you are installing the client on and what version of MSI the package your installing was created with.

Back